My life has been a journey full of twists & turns, highs & lows. Honestly, I'm not sure I could really define where I'm headed. But one thing I'm learning, the journey isn't all about the final destination but more about how we travel. And fulfillment is found in all that we learn & experience as we journey, not just getting to the end of it. I can't even imagine making mine without Christ before me, behind me, and beside me...

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I THINK....HE SAYS

I think I am worthless - HE says I am His treasure. (Deut. 14:2)
I think I am alone - HE says He will be with me always. (Matt. 28:20)
I think I am unlovable - HE says He loves me so much that He died for me. (John 3:16)
I think I don't belong - HE says He has chosen me. (Isaiah 41:9)
I think I am unwanted - HE delights in me and rejoices over me. (Zeph. 3:17)
I think I am ugly - HE says I am His masterpiece. (Eph. 2:10)
I think I am far from perfect - HE says He will finish the work He started in me. (Phil. 1:6)
I think I am tired - HE says He will give me rest. (Matt. 11:28-29)
I think I am nothing - HE says I am a living branch, a true disciple. (John 15:5-8) 
I think I am out of chances - HE says, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."  (John 8:11)


      I am weak - HE is strong. I am ashamed - HE restores my soul. I am lost - HE finds me. I am dying - HE rescues me.  I am afraid - HE protects me. I am hopeless - HE becomes my Hope. I am broken - HE makes me whole. I am a sinner - HE forgives me. I am condemned - He saves my by His grace.
     "Who do you think you are?" Truth be told, I'm not much...not much at all. On my own, I am flawed and imperfect. In fact, I am nothing, but HE changes everything. HE is the Lover of my soul, my Deliverer, my Redeemer, my Prince of Peace, my Everlasting Father.
      I can't even begin to guess WHY He would love me or give His life for me. All that I am is because of Jesus Christ. Not because of anything I've done but because of who He is in me, I can say with calm assurance,

"I AM MY BELOVED's AND HE IS MINE." 
...That's all that really counts.

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." - 1 Corinthians 15:10 NKJV

1 comment: