Sometimes we make life so difficult...as if there has to be a specific reason for every emotion, every task. Too often, we don't take time to sit back and just breathe in life and accept it...appreciate it for what it is. But when I do, I find the most peaceful contentment in simple things...For these I am thankful....
37. A cool morning breeze coming through the bedroom window.
38. The smell of rain.
39. The yellow of dandelions...so fresh.
40. A random text from my son, miles away from home, “Love ya, Mom.” It’s on my “do not delete” list.
41. The sound of little league games nearby and remembering years when my boys were those boys...I miss it sometimes.
42. Birds at dawn before anyone else in the neighborhood is stirring.
43. Anticipation that another Sunday is coming.
45. Oscillating fans.
46. Hasting's raspberry white chocolate frappes & laughter with friends
47. Tiredness when a big task is completed...satisfaction.
48. Freshly mown grass.
49. Butterflies on the screen door.
50. Fireflies...so few but their twinkles take my breath away...still.
51. An unexpected hug from Daisia.
52. Expectancy in the air…so many precious friends expecting little ones. The planning, the preparations, the excitement, and “glow” –not just expectant moms but dads too.
53. A new face--a new life rising out of baptismal waters. She smiles--it's very real.
54. A new sister in Christ calling just to ask why we have different Bible translations... “Can I write in it?” She makes my faith fresh in remembering....so sincere and eager to know God.
55. A homeless man, beaten and robbed...weeks in the hospital but he doesn't give up. He smiles, laughs, so much love to give away yet some think he has nothing...He has more than many of us. He renews my strength. I'm there to encourage him, yet he encourages me.
56. The washing of feet in remembering His words, “Unless I wash you, you won’t belong to Me.” How precious this is….receiving grace.
57. A prodigal friend's voice--lost but now found again..."I wanna come home." Relief that she is safe.
58. Tears....long time coming as bitterness begins to dissolve. A heart of stone becoming flesh again. (Ezekiel 11:19)
59. Strength that comes only in relying on Christ…
60. Simple prayer answered, "I need You." And He is here...
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." – Philippians 4:12-13